This option is for athletes looking to join a competitive track team, competing on local, state, regional, and national levels.
WHO: Students in grades 6th-12th
AREAS OF TRAINING:
- Sprints: 60-400m
- Hurdles: 60-400m hurdles
- Distance: 800-3200m
- Jumps: Long, Triple, Pole Vault
- Throws: Shot, Discus
Competitive Programs are AMATA’s premier option for growing, learning, and developing into amazing individuals in track & field. The program is designed to improve athlete speed and explosiveness through the knowledge and use of proper body mechanics and movement. Majority of training takes place in the Centennial/Parker area of the Denver-Metro area.
Competitive program is broken up into three (3) separate seasons
- The indoor program starts the competitive season, with track competitions around the state beginning in January, with a national caliber meet to end the season. The indoor program builds on the foundation developed throughout the fall training cycle, with more focus event specific themes.
Workouts are held three (3) times a week, with detailed programs that athletes will do on their own throughout the week. The program will introduce the athlete to proper running mechanics as well as weight room workouts to build strength and better health. Majority of training occurs in the Centennial/Parker area of the Denver-Metro area.
Spring Training (March – May)
- Spring training runs concurrent to the High School track season. To maintain elite guidance, athletes pair coaching provided by AMATA with the management of their respective school training. Many athletes may choose to supplement all of their training with AMATA instead of their high school coaches in order to maintain the improvements made through fall and indoor training. Having a coach who knows the athlete throughout the year can aid the substantiating techniques needed for high-level performance, while also providing a better guidance in injury prevention.
Summer Program (May – August)
SUMMER OF SPEED
- An 8 week camp-style program where the emphasis is on speed, whether it is Explosive Speed for field athletes, Track Speed for 100-400m runners, and Endurance Speed for distance athletes. Testing and evaluations are done for each modality so athletes can better their skills for any type of speed needed.
- A continuation of the competitive season, where athletes compete in USA Track & Field meets, as well as AAU Junior Olympic competitions around the state. Athletes will look to qualify for regional meets and even nationals during this time period, a process that allows for better scouting by collegiate coaches.
For More Information about the upcoming season, contact us here!